Sunday, May 4, 2008

InTheMostIronicWay


It is one of those plain boring Saturday night where I got the place to myself, and got nothing in hand or in plan for the night.

Like my very own personal (new) tradition, I would pick an unwatched movies I have and have an own personal screening all to myself. I know it sound rather lonely and pathetic, but I assure you it is not, except its some stories which make my life looks rather miserably sad.

Today was a pick of a year or two old romance genre Christmas holiday movie. I have been carving to watch this movie since it started screening back then, yet how sad is it that I only get to find the time after a year plus.

It all started when this two person go on to an exchange program because there were so miserable about their love life. One apparently has a boyfriend who slept with his sectary and the other who apparently fall in love “alone”. Like all romance movies do eventually they meet “someone” “somehow” in the most ironic way.

Iris (Kate Winslet) a writer from England, exchanges her small cottage for a big house in L.A owned by Amanda for two weeks. On the other hand, Amanda (Cameron Diaz) a trailer maker from L.A went to England, who InTheMostIronicWay meets good looking Graham (Jude Law) *drools* a book editor, the elder brother of Iris. (I totally love the fact on how they meet and later hook up with each other) No doubt Iris too meets a guy in L.A unexpectedly, named Miles (Jack Black) who is a wacky humor composer.

I am not going to elaborate because everyone knows the ending. Yet the contents (in-between) counts and I do love this because it weren’t a boring romance film, it was a touchy one instead. (oh, and because Jude Law is in too) Thou I prefer Amanda and Graham side of the story, a bit more interesting, teary and talk about a shocking secret.

2 kiss(es):

Anonymous said...

hey i have watched this movie for more than 10 times! I love this movie so much!the plot the lines, and their acting =)

-jamie- said...

tommo: whao.... 10 times... yea love this movie to bits. :)